ONTARIO BRACKET FINALS
Over 200 teams from 4 race tracks, plus 2 Outlaw teams took part in the first ever Ontario Bracket Finals this past weekend. We lost the Friday night and Sunday, but had a great team event plus a bonus race, plus we added in the high roller race that was suppose to be run on Friday. In total we had 387 entries run down the track on Saturday and got 2 programs completed and one down to the final 4 cars when the rain set in about 11pm. GREAT JOB BY ALL THE RACERS AND STAFF TO GET THIS DONE ! IT WAS A GREAT WAY TO WRAP UP THE SEASON !
GBM 1 were the winners and will receive team jackets, GBM 2 came 2nd and received Lucas Oil T Shirts. St Thomas team 1 came 3rd. It was very close between 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th. The IHRA Ironmen were spread out between the tracks.( Thanks to Andrew Stirk/DSE Automotive, Boomer Duquette, and the RCSS team for sponsoring those trophies)
- Top ET - Craig Degouw won from St Thomas
- Mod ET – Wyatt Henderson won from GBM
- Bike/Sled – Brad Schmidt won from Shannonville
- Junior – Emma Pinylo won from GBM (also a St T regular)
- Street – Jeff Talbot won from GBM
The Winners of the Bonus races were
- Brad Gibbs in Box ET
- Frank Roberts in No Box ET
- Brooklyn Noakes in Junior.
PROCEDURES ETC. FOR THE GBM PROGRAMs PER THE PROVINCIAL GUIDELINES.
1. PRE REGISTRATION – All teams/crew must Pre Register thru the link above – for tech cards ( T&T and class cards), and crew members (max of 4). All drivers will be held accountable for their 4 crew members. If paying with a credit card provide card number/expiry and CVV on back of card. Nothing will be processed until the Thursday before.Your package will be ready for pickup when you arrive. If wanting to pay by debit/cash your package will be put together when you arrive at the box office window. If paying cash, please have exact amount with you. Please know your crew members names to be marked down to speed up the process. MAKE SURE TO INCLUDE YOUR CAR # WITH YOUR REGISTRATION INFO - so we can put it on the tech cards. These procedures will greatly speed up the gate for everyone and lessen the number of interactions at the gate which is in everyone’s best interest. (If you have an issue doing this online call the office and give them your order)
2. FACILITY ENTRY/RESTRICTIONS – Preregistered entries do not need to come in together(another reason to pre register). They can come at separate times. For those who haven’t preregistered (no reason you shouldn’t) the driver and crew must enter the facility at the same time. Or the driver must purchase their crew entry and leave the wristbands at the gate for their crew coming in later ( No crew can enter the facility before the racer)
3. FRIDAY NIGHT T&T - For this event only those racers who are purchasing tech cards on the weekend can purchase a Friday night T&T card. Unfortunately we feel this is necessary for us to provide the social distancing requirements in the facility.
4 SOCIAL DISTANCING. - All teams will be required to setup in a social distancing fashion in the pits - maximum of 5 (which is basically the way we already setup using trailers between teams as the walls to create your own individual space). Masks - are not required( but encouraged) in the pit area or grandstands as you can easily keep 6 ft distance requirements. FOR ANYONE GOING PAST THE HEAD OF STAGING MASKS ARE MANDATORY - this area is limited in space and everyone wants to get the same view of the cars going down track so people have a tendency to get closer than they should, plus we want to protect our employees. ( we will have masks for sale in Thunderwear for $1)
5. STAGING LANES – we will be using lanes 1,3,5 for car classes and 4 & 6 for Juniors and Bike/Sled. If we feel a class is too big to call all at once we will call that class by even and odd car numbers to split it up. This gives everyone the space to adjust tire pressures put on dial ins etc without compromising social distancing.
6. WASHROOMS – We will have hand sanitizing stations outside each washroom facility. You will be required to use them prior to entering the washroom (that way your hands are sanitized before you touch anything) Plus we have a cleaning/sanitizing program each hour.
7. FOOD SALES - Our intention is to have the main concession open for this race weekend, There will be markings designating 6ft distances as you stand in line to order – please adhere to these. Once ordered please stand in the open area in front of the concession like usual and come up as you are called. No seating will be available -( All tables etc. will be removed and permanent seating spots taped off per provincial regulations)
7. TURNING IN TECH CARDS - There will be a box at the head of the staging lanes (along the wall) that you can deposit your tech cards into once filled out - don’t forget to sign the back of the card (limits person to person interactions). How we are going to handle tech TBD.
Steve has designed a form to attach to the pre registration program that you can fill in as well (if you haven’t already) - we can then enter the info into the computer for the season - so all you need to to do is put your name on the tech card and car # if not already there and all your other info will pop up on the computer when your number if entered.
Will update/add to this info as required.
IF THINGS GET BUSY - We will be setting up a procedure at the gate to speed up entry. racers will be directed around to the right to lineup in the grass area, then walk up and get your preregistered package. If this is before the gates are open - when the gates are open we will bring the lines in in order ( like we do at Windsor Weekend.) We will most likely offer Thursday evening entry as well. BUT ONLY FOR PRE – ENTERED TEAMS.