For the past 17 years, the drag-racing-faithful in the Windsor area have made their way to the shores of Lake Huron for the annual Windsor Weekend event at the Grand Bend Motorplex, in Grand Bend, Ontario.
This annual event has consistently drawn hundreds of competitors and thousands of fans each year, making it one of the largest Community Sponsored Racing Events in Canada.
The 18th Annual Windsor Weekend will be held August 18-20, 2017. This date guarantees warm weather, the full swing excitement of Grand Bend in August, the beach, shopping, various local events, etc.
In addition to showing our young people that Street Racing is NOT Drag Racing and that there is a safe and supervised outlet to fill their Need For Speed, Windsor Weekend is a family event at an affordable price.
Be sure to buy your tickets ahead of time!
Remember, every ticket is a Pit Pass. Feel free to wander around, anywhere, and look at the cars and meet the drivers. Avoid walking on the paved pit roads as much as possible as they are used by racecars getting to and from the track. Be cautious and courteous.
Tickets for Windsor Weekend 18 will be available June 15th.
CASH ONLY – at the following locations:
- Reaume Chevrolet (500 Front St, LaSalle)
- Both Windsor PartSource locations (5300 Tecumseh Rd. E or 3214 Dougall Ave., Windsor)
- Sauve’s Home Centre (581 Railway Street, Belle River)
- JH Restorations (4880 Walker Rd., Windsor)
- Adam Keller Motors (1337 County Rd 13, Harrow)
- Windsor Weekend tickets will also be available at many car shows and cruise nights up until the event.
Advanced Ticket Prices (they cost more at the gate)
- 3 Day Adult Spectator Tickets, just $30.00 (Friday/Saturday/Sunday)
- 2 Day Adult Spectator Tickets, $25.00 (Saturday/Sunday)
- Child (6-12) Spectator Tickets, $15.00
- Children 5 years and under are FREE.
Windsor Weekend 18 Spectator Info
In the interest of improving the safety and enjoyment of the event for all of our racers and guests, we will ask that everyone read and follow a few event rules.
- Camping in the campground is FREE.
- Pit camping is for racers. Each racer is given 2 Pit Camping Passes for their crew. Limited additional Pit Camping Passes are $40
- All vehicles in the pit area must have a pit parking sticker attached. NO exceptions.
- Camping in the pits (non racers) will be in designated areas.
- No glass bottles and NO firewood with nails (pallets) allowed in the pit area. All campsites must be kept neat and maintained.
- Do to insurance and safety concerns, we will be strictly enforcing Pit Vehicle Rules.
- Ontario law states that you must wear a helmet while operating a motorcycle or quad at GBM.
- No two wheeled spectator pit vehicles will be permitted. Four-wheelers and golf carts are allowed. No go-carts, misc. contraptions, bar stools, lawnmowers, etc, will be allowed in the pit area.
- There will be NO vehicles of any kind in the staging lanes and starting line area except race cars and tow vehicles.
- All racers pit vehicles must have the car number on them.
- SPEED LIMIT IS 10 M.P.H. NO ONE under the age of 16 operates a motorized vehicle at anytime.
- No cruisin the pits. Please keep roadways clear for the racers.
- These rules will be strictly enforced. Anyone failing to comply, or caught damaging property will be removed from the pit area.