WEEKENDS ARE A DRAG !

This message board is a service to our racers to post congratulations, tech questions and buy/sell articles only. Please limit your posts to these aspects. All other posts will be removed.
It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:46 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: labour day
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:17 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

another awesome weekend at the best race track!!!!!!
pretty excited for final points tally,hint,hint 8)

Post subject: Re: labour day
PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:39 pm 
Expert
Expert

This week - We will be re - checking the points for the season, breaking ties etc. and will post the final tallies once completed. It was great wkd of racing, at one point on Sunday I watched 6 straight pairs be decided by .009 or better. We had very few delays (Sunday a little worse than Sat thus the later finish but not that much later) and everyone involved (racers and staff) did a great job of doing their part to get the event done in a timely manner.
Besides our regular racers we had racers from up North (Longlac - 15 hour tow, Sudbury, Timmins, etc.) Michigan, Ohio, New York, Eastern Ontario, and it was great to see. Thankfully Mother nature gave them and all of us a great wkd !

Post subject: Re: labour day
PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:52 am 
Rookie
Rookie

As per your Thunder By The Beach weekend, We have raced at allot of NHRA and IHRA tracks from Gimli Manitoba, down to Brainerd MN, Grove Creek MN, Rock Falls MN plus allot of the once a year old air port races.
For the racers in Southern Ontario to think Grand Bend is one of the better tracks, well your wrong. Grand Bend is not one of the better tracks, Its the BEST TRACK over all of the other tracks we have raced at by far. (Grove Creek MN being a close 2nd).
We travelled the 15 hours one way from North Western Ontario (Thunder Bay ON area) to take part in the Thunder By The Beach weekend, and we were sure not disapointed. The track is in very nice shape, my car was launching nice and hard with my 60ft times being as good as it gets. From the time we pulled up to the front gate to the time the weekend was over and we started our long trip back home Paul, his entire staff and all the racers treated us as if we have been friends for years.
At all the tracks we have raced at, Grand Bend has the only owner (Paul) that actually gets totally involved in all aspects of the racing. When we were not racing we sat in the stands watching other racers do there thing. As we sat there i was totally amazed as i watched Paul walk the track after most passes to ensure it was safe for the next set of racers to go down. You DONT see that at any other track. Most other tracks have the attitude that they pay people to do that. When I see an owner take on those kind of duties, you automatically think its a fantastic and safe place to race at.
When we race south of the border, most people down there are freindly when you talk to them. But thats the key right there " When YOU Talk To Them" But in Grand Bend it wasnt like that at all, people came and talked to us. We pulled into the track late Thursday afternoon and left Monday morning, and in all that time we never met a lerson we did not care for.
We have been to the nationals in Brainerd MN a few times, shook hands with John Force etc, but that still doesnt compare to being able to walk up and down the Pro Pad at Grand Bend and have conversations with the Pro Mod, Top Alky, Top Dragster etc etc people. At the nationals there pit areas are roped off and they only allow a short amount of time to sign autographs etc.

Would we take the 15 hour drive to race at Grand Bend again ??.. Well you can exspect the see the blue 73 Cougar and the Blue dragster back in the line up for the Thunder By The Beach line up for the 2017 season, plus i think i have a few buddies convinced to haul there race cars down to Grand Bend with us.

Cant wait to see all the freinds we met this year again next year :mrgreen: